Attorney at Law Mindaugas Vaičiūnas
Main Areas of Practice
Practising lawyer since April 2009. Member of Lithuanian Bar Association. Main areas of practice and specialisation:
- Business law – consulting, drafting and negotiating contracts;
- Family law – legal modelling of material and other aspects of family relationships, consultation concerning relationship breakdowns;
- Representation of the client’s interests in Court and other institutions, preparation of trial documents, managing the case, negotiations for settlement (‘peace agreement’) and representation during the implementation process.
Attorney at law at Vaičiūnas and Vaičiūnas since April 2009.
- Legal intern at DawsonCornwell, the family law firm, London, United Kingdom (January 2016):
- Getting acquainted with system of law of the United Kingdom, study and research of cross border and international family law cases, accompanying DawsonCornwell lawyers in English court hearings in family law matters.
From 2006 to 2009 Mindaugas Vaičiūnas suspended his professional activities in Lithuania while living in Kyiv (Ukraine).
- Legal intern at law firm Kluge, Oslo, Norway (January–February 2008):
- Improving legal knowledge and the know-how in the practice of law, analytical activities, international cooperation experience, understanding of foreign legal culture.
- Assistant attorney at law (candidate to the Bar) at the law firm Foigt and Partners / Regija Borenius (2004–2006):
- Consultation with national and international clients on legal questions, representation in Court and other institutions, preparation of legal documents, coordination. Area of practice: business law, family law and real estate law.
- Lawyer at UAB Regija (2002–2004):
- Professional activities at a company that provides the full range of high quality legal services for private and corporate clients. Legal consulting, drafting contracts and other legal documents.
- Lawyer at UAB Divingas (2002):
- Professional activities at a company that is a licensed bankruptcy administrator. Legal support for the activities of the administrator and representation of companies under bankruptcy in legal procedures.
Vilnius University, Law Faculty. Master of Laws (Mag. Iur.), Business Law programme (2004).
Research and comparative study at Swiss Institute of Comparative Law, Lausanne, Switzerland (July 2008).
Scholarship at National Taras Shevchenko University of Kyiv, Faculty of Law, Kyiv, Ukraine (February–July 2008).
Research and comparative study at Oslo University, Faculty of Law, Oslo, Norway (January–February 2008)
Lithuanian, English, Russian.